The Johnson Kids

Monday, January 09, 2012

Scapegoat

We aren't sure what G. understands about the impending arrival of baby brother, but one thing she does believe is that he is the source of all difficulties that she encounters. It started when I would tell her that giving her a piggyback/pony ride was too hard because of baby brother. Sometimes when she wanted me to roughhouse in other ways, I would say "I can't do that because I'm too big now. Do you know why?" and she would nod and say "baby brother". After awhile, she started blaming him for everything that was "hard":

Me: Do you need some help? Opening that door is kind of hard.
G: Yeah, baby brother.

Me: This is a hard puzzle, isn't it?
G: Yeah, baby brother.

But now it appears that she believes he is the source of even the most minor inconveniences in our lives:

G: What daddy doing?
Me: He's moving the vacuum cleaner plug because the cord is too short to reach your room.
G (nodding): Baby brother.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Bastian said...

That is hilarious. Yup, baby brother.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home