Running
G. was cooped up in the car for 10 hours on Tuesday while we drove home from Oregon. Then we neglected to take her out of the house yesterday. So this afternoon when she was fidgeting like crazy while riding in her stroller, I asked her if she wanted to get out and run. She said yes, and ran all the way home. But she didn't want to go inside, she wanted to keep running, so I let her keep going and she ran all the way around the block (1/3 mile). When we got back to our house, she wanted to keep going and she ran around the block again. Altogether, she ran for 3/4 of a mile while I walked briskly behind her. That's a lot of pent-up energy, folks.
She did start to take a few breaks around the 2/3-mile mark to look at some plants and rocks and a cat, but then she took off running again all the way home.
Unfortunately, all that running didn't (a) make her more willing to eat a decent dinner or (b) make her tired enough to take a nap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home