Happy Halloween
I love fall. I love decorating for fall. I love butternut squash ravioli and soup and pumpkin cheesecake and cookies and all of the other fall foods. But I've never been into decorating for Halloween until this year - for the last two months I've been buying Halloween decorations and looking forward to October 1st so that Genevieve and I could decorate for Halloween together. The day is finally here! First, I put Genevieve into her Halloween clothes (which she asks to wear all the time - she calls them 'boo!' - thanks cousin Lizzy for sharing!).
Then she helped me put up all the decorations. Here is some of our handiwork.
Lately she is very obliging about smiling for the camera when asked, as long as I'm quick about it and then let her see the picture of herself.
She loves cats, so I thought she would be really excited when we gave her this little Halloween kitty. But she acted like we were trying to give her a dead rat. She wouldn't even touch it. After a minute or two, she asked us to please put it away (pointing to the drawer we had pulled it from while saying 'away!').
I don't know what the little kitty did wrong, but I think it's really cute.

3 Comments:
I LOVE your Halloween decor!! I am the same way about Autumn -- hmm -- I wonder if our birthdays have anything to do with it:) G cracks me up!! She reminds us a lot of Emma when she was a toddler -- very definite opinions!
How cute! I guess she is holding out for a live cat... What is she going to be for Halloween?
We got her a yoda costume, because we thought it would be cute. But now I'm feeling guilty because she doesn't know who yoda is and she would probably enjoy being something she recognizes....like a cat or a dinosaur or elmo or pretty much any little animal. So we might rethink our plan. What about Audrey?
Post a Comment
<< Home