The Johnson Kids

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hat Trick

Genevieve hit three big milestones all on the same day today:

1. She turned 9 months old.
2. She sprouted her first tooth.
3. She seemed to understand words for the first time.

The last one happened this morning. We often make a game of putting a blanket over our head and saying "Where's Mommy?" or "Where's Daddy?" She pulls the blanket off and laughs. But we thought she was probably responding to our actions rather than the words. This morning she was in our bed playing with me. Ed was snoozing with his back to us and had a pillow over his head. She had been ignoring him for awhile when I said "Where's Daddy?" and she turned around and tried to pull the pillow off his head. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I asked her again a few minutes later "Where's Daddy?" and she turned around and looked at him. Yep, our baby is a genius.

Here are a few pictures and a video of her latest escapades. Now that she can crawl, everything must be explored. Laundry, diapers....

 


 


But she mostly loves hanging out with Mommy and Daddy:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Maile said...

Oh my gosh, she is just getting cuter and cuter! I LOVE her giggles!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Wow! I am impressed - Congrats on the 9 month milestone!! she is so darling!!!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home