Becoming Her Own Person
Vivi got a haircut last week. Well, actually she got two haircuts. She had been asking me to cut her hair short like daddy's for a couple weeks. I was not willing to go that far, but finally agreed to cut it a little shorter. It was the end of the day and she was squirmy and I was tired and rushed and she ended up with a really bad mullet. When I took her to the salon to get it fixed, I thought I had communicated my preference for the stylist to fix it while removing as little extra hair as possible. But instead, she came out like this. She got what she wanted. And she is very happy.
She also has other big changes in mind. Conversation this morning:
Vivi: Now that I'm three, I don't want to be 'Vivi' anymore.
Me: Should we call you Genevieve?
Vivi: No, Genevieve is too long. I want to give my names to Grammy and get a new name.
Me: It doesn't work that way. Grammy already has his own name. What new name do you want?
Vivi: Hmmmmmmm. Daddy.
Daddy: You can't have my name, Genevieve.
Vivi: But I want it!
Finally after some discussion, she agreed to keep Vivi as long as I stop calling her Vivilicious.

2 Comments:
Fluffy asked me two days ago if she could change her name to Sofis! I was so hurt. I love her name, but noooo. She wants to be Sofia like the title princess of "Sofia the First".
She never complains when I call her Zweeby-beeby or Fluff-n-stuff, but her own lovely Welsh name she is not into. Pity.
I like her haircut! Maybe Genevieve can come up with a name for our little baby. Tell her we're taking suggestions. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home