The Johnson Kids

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Misunderstandings





Setting: Sunday Morning, Talking to Vivi while lying in bed.

Me: We’re going to pick up Amelia on the way to church today so she can sit by you while I play the organ.

(Vivi gets up and excitedly runs out of the room. She comes back a minute later.) 

Vivi: Where my present?

Me: What present?

Vivi: You say you bring me a present when you play the organ.

Me: Um, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Vivi: You say when you play the organ you bring me a present.

Me: Yeah, that’s not ringing a bell.

(She gets increasingly worked up over the next five minutes until she is literally lying on the floor weeping in frustration because I can’t figure out what she’s talking about. Finally, she says this…)

(Between sobs): You say you bring me present….when you play the organ…with baby brother…on the airplane!

(The light bulb finally goes on): Ohhhhhh! Vivi, I said I would bring you a present when baby brother and I came home from OREGON. I’m not going to Oregon today. Oregon is the place we went to on the airplane. Today I’m playing the organ at church. The organ is like a piano. At church.

Vivi: Oh.

Crisis averted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home