The Johnson Kids

Monday, November 26, 2012

Church Time

Yesterday Vivi announced that she wanted to 'play church'.  She had us sit on the couch and gave us some toys to play with.  Then she stood up at her 'microphone' (camera tripod) and started jabbering nonsense words.  After a minute or two, she said "I have to play the organ now" and ran off to the piano.  Any time Ed or I said anything, she would yell "BE QUIET!  IT CHURCH TIME!"

Pretty accurate, if you ask me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Heather said...

I just wrote a long piece about reverence in church and submitted it to Feministmormonhousewives.com. We'll see whether they post it. Anyway, I feel for kids who spend a sizeable chunk of their short lives trying to remain silent and motionless through something they cannot possibly follow.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Yeah, last week we had one of those broadcast stake conferences where you show up at your building, kids in tow, and sit in the dark watching a 2-hour broadcast that is suspiciously like General Conference, except that they keep mentioning Northern California at random times. On the way home, Vivi whined "That movie was really boring! I wanted to watch a nice movie!"

I don't know if it was boring. I spent the entire time wrestling with a bored three-year-old and a 1-year-old who was missing his nap. I wish I had stayed home.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

And I'll be looking for your piece on FMH...

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home