My Favorite Things
(This is a guest post by Genevieve Johnson.)
I am seven weeks old now. This blog post is to let you know about some of the things I like the most in the world, especially when I'm feeling fussy (which is often).
One thing I really enjoy is the strangely loud exhaust fan on the microwave above the stove in our kitchen. I could listen to that fan all the time, but my parents are always turning it off for some reason!
But other times, what I really like is to be carried up and down the stairs. Especially down, but up is nice too. Up and down, up and down. I enjoy the bouncing motion, but the other great thing is the view; you can see up the stairwell toward the skylight, and I could just look at that all day.
Here's a picture of me. Although my dad is holding and bouncing me, he is not holding and bouncing in the precise way in which I prefer to be held and bounced! I am letting him know that I am not happy! Daddy, why aren't we going up and down the stairs?
Ah, this is better. Up and down the stairs. In the picture you can see me gazing intently at the ceiling in the stairwell. I am really getting into it.
Sometimes when we are going up and down, daddy just stops! I have to yell and yell to get him to keep going up and down. I guess it is true what they say, "parents just don't understand."
Here is a picture of the view up the stairwell. Although you'd have to see it in person to know how great really it is. The straight lines! The shadows! For me it is the height of aesthetic bliss. Boy do I like to practice my looking when I am going up and down the stairs with daddy.


2 Comments:
Oh man, this post is awesome. Well, you don't have to worry about getting out of shape!
Wow - you guys are good parents (or desperate) to walk up and down the stairs for her!! (I could see how it would work though - Audrey likes exaggerated bouncy walking - esp when she is in the Bjorn - she will actually fall asleep!
Chris also will take her around the apartment to look at the lights and the ceiling fan - then when she gets bored and starts to cry - he hands her back to me :)
Post a Comment
<< Home