The Johnson Kids

Monday, March 21, 2011

First Time in Nursery

Yesterday at church we took Genevieve to Nursery for the first time. She's only 15 months old, but our nursery leader allows (and even encourages) parents to take children in a couple of months before the de jure eligibility age of 18 months, in order to ease them into the experience and minimize separation anxiety issues.

She really enjoyed having so many interesting people and things to see and play with. I stayed with her for most of the time, but I ducked out for a few minutes, and she didn't even notice I was gone at first. But after about eight minutes I heard her crying as I lurked outside the door, so I went back in. We didn't stay the entire time either, but overall a very good start.

Here is a picture of G enjoying snack time:


1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

That is great! We are to the point where Audrey can't go to Nursery yet - but she won't sit still so we don't get anything out of church either...
Good luck with the transition!!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home