The Johnson Kids

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Our Family Blog

Ed has been encouraging me to start a family blog for awhile now, so here I go. Our little baby girl is due in 7 weeks and we are really excited for her to get here. But so far we've bought....nothing. People have given us a few things and we've been watching Craigslist for cribs and changing tables that we like, but really, she won't need that much at first.

We'll keep her in our room for the first couple months and since our bed consists of a mattress sitting on the floor, all she really needs for a bed is a box with a little pad in it that can sit next to the bed. Throw in a car seat and binky, along with some diapers, wipes, sleepers, burp clothes and blankets, and I think we'll be set for awhile.

She's a strong little kicker and she's got herself turned around so that she can kick me right under the ribs. Today she landed one so hard that I just about jumped out of my chair. It's going to be strange when she's not in there anymore - it's hard to remember what it was like to have my body all to myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Bastian said...

Matt was our biggest kicker. Glad to see that you aren't going to spoil your child with things like a bed and furniture. Kids have such a feeling of entitlement these days. Start young teaching them that they need to work for what they get. I guess a month of work on the posture police force warrants a box to sleep in. We are excited for you guys. Hope everything goes well.

Love Russ and Val

6:19 PM  
Blogger Suzanne Woods said...

I love the family blog--I had forgotten that you reserved the name, although I remember reading it back in 2006.

I am glad to hear about how things are going. I am so excited.

If you are interested in borrowing our cradle, it might be fun for me to drive it down to you. We've loaned it out before to a few carefully screened parents. I would like to have such an excuse to come to California. But putting your babe in a cradle would make her higher than you which is kind of strange. Let me know if you're interested. It is a lovely cradle, but small enough that you would only use it for 3 months or so--a box on the ground will work for amount of time too.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Hooray for blogs! Now Ezra can really keep in touch with his new girlfriend.

Glad she is a strong kicker, she is just showing off a little of her personality!

I am so sad that I can't come to your shower in Berkeley... hopefully we can visit soon!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home